Thank you for checking out the Cobalt Review and Cobalt Press submission manager. Below are some general notes. We ask that you review the submission guidelines as they directly apply to each category. Each editor has a preference for submission methods, subject matter, etc. There is no one-size-fits-all aspect to Cobalt.
2016 Online Publishing Schedule:
- Baseball Issue: End of Baseball Regular Season
- Fiction/Creative Nonfiction: June
- Poetry: December*
Some overall notes/requests:
- We don't mind simultaneous submissions, but it does feel a little put-off when someone withdraws a submission less than 24 hours after we receive it with the note accepted elsewhere. If you want us to dedicate a meaningful amounts of time to your work, we hope that you are appreciative of our time and effort in publishing it. Submit because you love what we do and because you believe your work is a good fit.
- We do not accept previously published work. If you have any questions regarding these submission guidelines, or what we consider "previously published" contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The short answer is: Can I find it with a Google search?
- All online content is eligible to be published in our approximately-annual print issues, though only a few from each category are selected each year.
- Your cover letter should be as brief and nondescript as possible. Simply include your contact information (phone number preferred if you are submitting a full-length manuscript). We do not look at cover letters unless we intend to accept the work. If you wish to include a bio, please keep it under 200 characters (including spaces/punctuation).